Monday, March 11, 2024

First Latino College Expo To Be Held In The Midwest, Thanks To TRIO SSS Student



Hello. My name is Mary Maxine Arreguine-Casimiro. I'm a TRIO SSS participant at NEIU.

I successfully advocated for Northeastern Illinois University to partner with the National College Resource Fund in hosting the first Latino College Expo at NEIU. As a recent college transfer student from California, I didn't realize how big the Latino community was here in Chicago. The Latino College Expo has been hosted in California for ten years and I thought what better school than NEIU to host the first Latino College Expo, not just in Chicago, but in the Midwest.

As someone who comes from the foster care system, I am working to build a clear pathway for transitioning foster youth aging out of care to not only get into college/university but to make it all the way to graduation.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment